Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Realization

I had a realization this morning in the shower. This may seem odd, but it is a regular occurance for me. The shower is the place I come up with the best ideas and usually where I remember something that I was probably about to forget. Anyway...I digress. My realization was that although my push to start this blog was to keep interested folks updated on our renovation, I could in fact write about whatever I want rather than just waiting and waiting until I have something to report on the bathroom (also, as Jonathan cleverly pointed out...we will eventually finish the project and I may want to keep writing then, too!). BUT...I don't need the blog to be another reminder of something that I am late doing or something hanging over my head still needing to be done. If there is no progress on the RENO, I need not feel pressured to make something apply to it. I can just be random, after all...that is one of my gifts :)

I love the Spring in Atlanta. Since I grew up in South/Central Texas, I was really never used to experiencing "Seasons," there was mostly just hot and cold. Here, there are distinct Seasons, and they just appear without much notice. For instance, there are a number of flowering trees here that definitely mark the Springtime arrival - just beautiful! Cherry Blossoms are my favorite, but I also love the Dogwoods.

Speaking of Spring...next week is "Spring Break," which really means nothing to me except that plenty of people are out of school and going on vacations, so there will be less traffic for me getting to work (see...I'm so positive, always looking for the good, right?). Jonathan is taking the week off since there really arent any church events going on (except for actual "church" on Sunday of course), and it is a good time to take his earned comp time. I decided to take 2 days of vacation and just hang out at home, so at that time we may get some more progress on the bathroom (of course, I'll try to keep the blog updated, but no pressure, remember? *see paragraph 1 if you don't remember).

1 comment:

  1. I just love you to death, Emma!!! Yes, blog away - I love it!

    ReplyDelete